AVATeR v0.9.8.3 releasewold June 20, 2022 #AVATeR
AVATeR v0.9.8.3 fixes various issues in 0.9.8 (and older), delaying new features.
First official Debian release also.
Requirements not changed.
- Windows 8/10/11+ (Win7 may work)
- Debian: Bullseye (~Ubuntu 20+), Buster/Compatible (~Ubuntu 18-19)
System requirements page
Read on for additional details.
0.9.8.3 Jun 20th - Fixed: Show creation date for annotations - Fixed: Correct raw page numbers - Linux fix: enforce UTF-8 for config files - Fixed: Debug display UTF-8 issues - Changed: write logfile to OS temporary location - Windows: updated zlib and libzip libraries - Stick to C++17 spec for now - Minor changes
Full changelog (.txt) including previous versions.
Fixed: Show creation date for annotations
Fixed: Correct raw page numbers
Thanks go to Huwaetzel for reporting the previous issues.
Linux fix: enforce UTF-8 for config files (0.9.8.3) Linux versions rely on Qt5, which requires UTF-8 to be set explicitly. This may affect already stored file locations with special characters.
Changed: write logfile to OS temporary folder
Fixed: Debug messages UTF-8 display
- Mainly fixes debug log display of filenames with special characters (non-Qt dependent functions).
- log OS-specific filepaths, instead of generic (Linux) ones (WIP).
- Windows stdout logging still has issues with Asian characters (future option).
Windows: updated libraries
zlib was updated to 1.2.12, mainly fixing a vulnerability; and Libzip to 1.8.0.
Minor fixes (UI, docs)
See also the previous 0.9.8 release summary.
Add extra CSV export columns, colorized HTML export, and debug logging to stdout/terminal. Windows Qt will be updated to 6.4.2.